After months of waiting, the camera is finally on the way! It's now heading to Budapest. Sorry for delay guys! Below list of participants is sorted in order how the camera will be delivered...
- Code: Select all
01) Odklizec - Slovakia/Zilina - shipped to Budapest - 3.3.2009
02) qnadam - Hungary/Budapest shipped 17.3.2009 (18.3. Zilina - SK,18.3. Ostrava - CZ,19.3. Warszawa - PL,20.3. Vilnius - LT)
03) Darius - Lithuania/Vilnius - arrived 20.3. shipped 27.3.2009
04) dgilmour - Russia/Moscow - arrived 9.4.2009 - shipped 21.4.2009 (small delay due to Easter holidays)
05) BlackRicoh - Finland/Oulu - arrived 29.4.2009 - shipped 4.5.2009
06) Grus74 - Sweden/Stockholm - arrived 7.5.2009 - shipped 12.5.2009
07) Wouter - Netherlands/Ede - arrived 14.5.2009 - shipped 18.5.2009
08) waloszek - Germany/Mühlhausen - arrived 20.5.2009 (23-26.5. short coffee break with lens cleaning in Pirmasens)
09) Z1gno - Italy/Venice - arrived 28.5.2009 - shipped 9.6.2009
10) fizzog1 - Switzerland/Geneva - arrived 16.6.2009 - shipped 25.6.2009
11) broogino - France - postponed due to broogino's holidays. Will be done on the way from Portugal to Britain - arrived 31.07.2009
12) elpecoso - Spain/Cantabria - arrived 3.7.2009 - shipped 15.7.2009 to Rui Fernandes
13) Alvaro - Spain/Madrid - skipped due to Alvaro's unavailability
14) rui fernandes - Portugal/Almada - arrived 20.7.2009 - shipped 25.7.2009 to broogino
15) Marky - UK/Windsor - arrived 4.9.2009 -
16) VladimirV - UK/London - arrived and shipped - sometimes during October
17) peugeotpeppermill - UK/London - arrived and shipped - sometimes during October
18) fuller - UK/Liverpool - arrived and shipped - sometimes during October-November
19) mdavi - Ireland/Dublin-Belfast - arrived 13.11.2009 - ???
20) Bertalan - Canada/Port Rowan - arrived 15.12.2009 -
21) BillBingham2 - Chicago/USA - waiting for news
22) bigscarypuppy - USA/Los Angeles - arrived 3.3.2010 - shipped 17.3.2010
23) LittleBlackBox - USA/Seattle - arrived 19.3.2010 (there will be a small delay because of lost charger)
24) Shiro Kuro - small change in the route, it's Hawaii and not Japan
25) Nevin - China/Hong Kong - camera should be on its way to Bangkok
26) chrsilee - China/Hong Kong - stop skipped due to participant's unavailability
27) znailz - Thailand/Bangkok - arrived 21.08. 2010 (there were some problems with customs) - sent 30.8.2010
28) blue_quartz - Singapore/Singapore - arrived 10.09.2010
29) rossalford - Australia/Townsville - arrived 6.10.2010
30) Guy Parsons - Australia/Sydney - arrived 15.10.2010 - sent 19.10.2010
31) thelps - Australia/Adelaide
32) uKrris - Republic of South Africa/Durban - arrived 2.12.2010
Click the name to see the members' photos...
13) stop skipped
14) rui fernandes
26) stop skipped
30) Guy Parsons
See what people left in the travel diary...
List of R10 travel injuries and illnesses...
- Somewhere on the way between Netherlands and Germany, R10 got "black corners" infection -> quickly cured by Ricoh doctors
Here is the map with actual status...
For full interactive map with all stops (each pin shows the name and location of a member participating in this project) see this Google map:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 046875&z=4
Let's talk about some rules and instructions
No PC postprocessing please! I set the camera to what I believe is the best setting for R10. But feel free to change the camera settings according to your preference. You can, of course, use in-camera editing.
You can take as many photos as you like, but before sending the camera to next person, select 5 photos you consider to be best and make them protected (there is an option to protect the photos right in camera menu). Then upload small previews (in max. size 1024x768) to this thread and upload full sized photos to the journey Flickr group (contact me about invitation). I hope Flickr is not a problem for anyone of you? I believe that most of you already have Flickr account and if not, you can create new one for free.
Finally, delete rest of your taken photos from the card. In other words, on card should be left only your five photos + all photos from previous stops.
The camera should be send to next person in as short time as possible. The name and address of following person will be provided by me (via PM). The maximum time one can hold the camera is 7 days.
Please guys, if we want to finish this project before end of this year, try to ship the camera as soon as possible. It would be ideal if the participants from the same city (London, Hong Kong) would hand the camera over in person. It would not only minimize the shipping costs but also speed the things up.
BTW, there is a Ricoh travel diary shipped with the camera. Feel free to enter few words about journey, camera, or whatever you like. Cartoons are greatly welcome too!
Ricoh folks asked me to set up an ecologic/environmental theme for this project. I thought about it for a very long time and I think it would be very hard to take a reasonable environmental photos in such short time. So the theme is open. But if possible, try to take at least one "green" themed photo. Otherwise, you can take any photo you like and in your favorite photographic style. There are no additional rules.
And now a little surprise!
At the end of camera trip, there will be announced a photo contest from all your taken photos! The winner will get a Ricoh digital camera! At the moment, I don't know which one, but I think it will be one of the actual models (actual at a time of ending this photo project). Second and third place will get the SW prizes.
And the winners (voting is here) of the contests are...
Congratulation folks! And well done everyone! The journey was very interesting experience and I look forward to start next one!
1st place - Wouter
2nd place - VladimirV
3rd place - fizzog1