Thanks to all donors for supporting this forum!

Discussion about Ricoh GR

Thanks to all donors for supporting this forum!

Postby odklizec » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:37 pm

When I started this forum in summer 2007, I never even thought about turning it into a profitable business. I personally hate websites full of blinking banners or google ads. The banners in the forum header are the only compromise from my policy of ad-free forum ;) But these partners are carefully selected companies who help me to cover the monthly contests with some nice and useful prizes. This is why I really appreciate all donations made by fellow forum members!

I would like to publicly thank all who submitted their donations to this forum!

socket
boldgeezer
kentam
olyz
george c
RDM
andreaplanet

socket
    Fairly
    kentam
    olyz
    macfiend
    Genster
    Roni G
    aquilon
    33dollars

spb_ch
    Klaatu
    Blow-in
    socket
    Jdav
    Gab
    Wiener
    Athena
    CRSnyderTX
    krt1
    Fairly
    quester
    Roni G
    Tom Caldwell
    olyz
    Genster
    ayewing
    JBuch
    briaan65
    pollobarca
    marc
    33dollars
    esp
    t3hh

rui fernandes
    JBuch
    senatorduck
    proto
    Genster
    Jdav
    Will
    an unknown donor (someone with address starting with ros@... please let me know who you are ;))
    Loz
    33dollars
    spb_ch
    waloszek
    Remko
    fabuchan
    Mainiac
    jl-lb.ms
    layteruk
    Duane Pandorf (2x)
    MarcusEyre1
    JONIE
    slappo
    streetshooter

waloszek
    Muddy (2x)
    Joshua
    silverbullet
    Lili
    Detail Man
    ricohnick
    wymjym
    uKrris
    tommy
    Marana
    sagar
    socket (2x)
    JBuch
    kanzlr
    Loz
    Campbell
    nzoliver
    Mainiac
    33dollars
    barnvelder
    Dinsdale
    sonny
    Matthew
    fazekas
    ZDP-189

33dollars
    markpsf
    rui fernandes
    thelps
    uKrris

All donations will be used to cover the forum costs and forum related purchases.
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/odklizec/
odklizec
Site Admin

Re: Thanks to all donors for supporting this forum!

Postby odklizec » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi folks,

During yesterday, some of you asked me where to make a donation. The PayPal donation interface is well "hidden" at bottom of the Portal page:
portal.php
Just scroll down at bottom of this page and you will find it ;)

Thank you for considering the donation! All donors will be rewarded with special forum rank "Site Supporter", storage for 500 PM messages instead of just 100 and in future, unlimited upload area in planned Photo Gallery mod for this forum.
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby thelps » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:50 am

Pavel,

I would like to also thank you in return for the donation of your time and support to the forum.
I for one will try to make a regular donation rather than a one off and as I suspect Pavel is too polite, I'd like to suggest that members consider a donation and if possible a regular donation also as I am sure the costs are ongoing.

All the best.
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby odklizec » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:30 am

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for your kind words and considering another donation! When I added the paypal donation, I considered also the possibility of perpetual membership. But I found "forced" perpetual donations too obtrusive for people. So now it's up to everyone's will and that's how it should be ;) Thank you!
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby odklizec » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Hi folks,

Early this week, someone with email starting with "wigelspigels" sent me a donation. Whoever you are, thank you very much! ;) Unfortunately, I cannot link your name/email registered at PayPal with name and email registered here. I tried to contact you via your paypal email, but no reply yet. So I'm not quite sure if you read your paypal email? If you are reading this post, please contact me via PM. Thanks!
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby sagar » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:01 pm

Just donated a small amount :)
I did not even know you are taking donations. I think you should move paypal donation from bottom to top inline with advertisement buttons...I had to spend few mins to find out how to donate :D
sagar
Site Supporter

Postby odklizec » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi sagar,

Thank you very much! I just returned from visiting my parents where I was too busy to even think about reading forum and emails. I will change your status and status of another member who donated the same day as you (if I find who this second donor is ;) ).

As for the location of PayPal button, well, I just don't want to make it too obtrusive. Take it as a little "hide and seek" game ;)
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby kinley » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:07 am

I really appreciate the attitude of odklizec. It is very difficult to find people like him in the modern world. Nowadays when everyone is running after money here is a Good Samaritan who is promoting an ad-free forum. In fact his attitude has inspired me and I have decided to donate whatever money I can to support the forum. I will be telling my friends also to donate as much as they can. I would like to know how the donations can be made.
kinley

Postby thelps » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:53 am

kinley wrote:I really appreciate the attitude of odklizec. It is very difficult to find people like him in the modern world. Nowadays when everyone is running after money here is a Good Samaritan who is promoting an ad-free forum. In fact his attitude has inspired me and I have decided to donate whatever money I can to support the forum. I will be telling my friends also to donate as much as they can. I would like to know how the donations can be made.

Well said, and I echo your sentiment. :D
If you go to the Portal page here http://ricohforum.com/phpbb/portal.php you will see a Paypal donation link at the bottom. Easy and quick.
I for one will be making a regular donation. I am thinking around Christmas will be a good reminder each year!
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby odklizec » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:00 am

Hi Kinley and welcome on the board! Thank you for your kind words! You know, I simply hate the web sites full of ads so there is no way RicohForum will ever turn to ad-powered website ;) I'm really happy about the friendly community we have here and this means more to me than money!

If you wish to make a donation, just go to the main (Portal) page, scroll down at the very bottom of the page and here you can find PayPal donation button. Thank you in advance for any donation you will made!
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
odklizec
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ricoh GR