GR 2 Problems

Discussion about Ricoh GR

GR 2 Problems

Postby fishric » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:15 pm

I am happy with my new GR but for 2 frustrating problems;
1) I use Elements 7 (I'm too stingy to update), but it cannot recognize dng files from the GR, I have no problems with my old GRd(mk1) or Pentax dng files. I have to use a dng converter to import raw files from the GR.
2) The firmware version is V1.10. No matter how carefully I follow the instructions, my Ricoh will not convert to version 3. What am I missing ?

Regards Richard F.
fishric

Re: GR 2 Problems

Postby focal8 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Hello, the new firmware 3.0 exists on the Ricoh site, you should put it on your GR and then see if your problem continues. Otherwise there are free software to see and edit DNG files like Rawtherapee or others, just look a bit on the internet and normally on the Ricoh site with their software that you can download one must see all the DNG of your camera.
Best regards.
focal8

Re: GR 2 Problems

Postby Wiener » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi fishric,
the only problem I can recall when updating Ricoh firmware was when I forgot to take the downloaded files out of the folder when moving them to the SD card for insertion into the camera. Otherwise, I cannot think what your problem might be.
On Elements 7, I am sure that I used to read my DNG files using this software? I do not have it any more so cannot now confirm. Picasa does open Ricoh DNGs but it is quite crude.
I have been using Silkypix for a long time (tip from our wonderful Forum master here) and still like it a lot.
Good luck!
Andy
Wiener
Site Supporter

Location: Vienna, or Scotland, or anywhere around about, or in between...

Return to Ricoh GR