GR III Rumours

Discussion about Ricoh GR

GR III Rumours

Postby nebus » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:21 pm

It seems to me a bit strange that no rumours have been leaked/hinted in the last 6 months about the upcoming update to the GR II.
Anyone else feel this is odd?

I realise Ricoh/Pentax spokespeople made comments in interviews in the last year about keeping a commitment to the GR range and an update would be expected, but in this world of leaks abound there's been nothing about our favourite camera of late this year.

And of course if anyone DOES have any rumours to share about the future version please do share :)
nebus

Re: GR III Rumours

Postby thelps » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:49 am

In the past it was stated from an interview last year that they were going ahead
http://thenewcamera.com/good-news-ricoh-gr-iii-is-coming/

I think something is still coming, although I have no special knowledge. If the project was cancelled most manufacturers usually say so.
There is a rumored X70 update coming from Fuji on 7th Sept. Maybe Ricoh are waiting to see if that rumor is true first then announce ?
I am sitting tight and just waiting, and using my GR II, what else can you do ?
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby grism » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:46 pm

Fingers crossed.
grism

Postby nebus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:55 am

Latest news - nothing about the GR III but currently the GR II is hard to get hold of by B&H in the US >
https://pentaxrumors.com/2017/11/13/ricoh-gr-ii-camera-on-backorder-at-bh-and-adorama-plus-a-ricoh-gr-iii-poll/

I'm sure that GR III is out there being used by a select few photographers chosen by Ricoh - no one's willing to break their NDA and let us know ;) ?

Looking forward to what they do even if their latest financials weren't that appealing. Expecting 24MP sensor, hopefully weather sealing, and NOT any bigger in size.
nebus

Postby riccadonna » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:41 pm

If only Ricoh designers would listen but alas. Seems it`s been long time since designers of GRD and GXR were at works showing that they understood what`s essencial in using cameras. GR is o.k. few improvmentas would make it even better. Take weatherproofing. It`s diffy to achieve it with rectracting barrel but I protect it`s innards simply putting filter adapter on. Now if this filter adapter had an o-ring in it and bayonet lock was more weather tight that would solve one problem. Another welcome add would be tilting LCD even at expense of few mm extra of thickness. Well functioning Bluetooth connection for remote control including flash would be nice too. And of course extra model this time with 20mm lens and we are happy. O.K. 24Mp would allow for better cropping to 35mm.
p.s. And what about putting 24mp sensor in m-module for us old GXR fans? Stanislaw
riccadonna

Postby Wiener » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:43 am

I do hope they let the Ricoh design team have a say within the Pentax lab...I would love a GRIII if it had a larger sensor...and a 24mm lens...
My Leica Q has turned into a nightmare purchase due to poor image quality which nobody at Leica or my retailer wanted to take seriously...Leica images that are not sharp? Must be user error they cried...I cried too, out of frustration and financial pain!
It’s currently back in Leica-land...
Andy
Wiener
Site Supporter

Location: Vienna, or Scotland, or anywhere around about, or in between...

Return to Ricoh GR