Ricoh GR1s help

Discussion about Ricoh GR

Ricoh GR1s help

Postby sophiegibert » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:29 pm

I recently bought a ricoh gr1s off of ebay, and I'm having difficulty loading the film. The shutter opens when there is no film in the canister, however when I load film it doesn't and flashes 0 on the screen. I've reloaded it 10+ times and I know it's not error of my own, does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? Or is it the camera itself?
sophiegibert

Re: Ricoh GR1s help

Postby Wiener » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi Sophie,
really not able to help though I recall that my GR1v had to fully load the film onto the camera spool before starting to take pictures. Each picture taken was then drawn back into the film canister leaving only unexposed film on the camera spool. I doubt if this information assists you with your current problem?
Kind regards,
Andy
Wiener
Site Supporter

Location: Vienna, or Scotland, or anywhere around about, or in between...

Re: Ricoh GR1s help

Postby sophiegibert » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:02 pm

Wiener wrote:Hi Sophie,
really not able to help though I recall that my GR1v had to fully load the film onto the camera spool before starting to take pictures. Each picture taken was then drawn back into the film canister leaving only unexposed film on the camera spool. I doubt if this information assists you with your current problem?
Kind regards,
Andy
I loaded the film that way and had no luck. I'm going to see if I can work out a return with the seller, thank you though!
sophiegibert

Return to Ricoh GR