set conversion lens to wide using a custom button?

Discussion about Ricoh GR

set conversion lens to wide using a custom button?

Postby thereluctantgardener » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:47 am

Hi

Having just bought a GW-3 I'm surprised to have to delve into the menu each time I attach or detach this lens.

I read elsewhere that a user simply set MY3 to recall the Wide setting so I was expecting to do the same. However it turns out that this actually doesn't work: turning Conversion to Wide on or off effects all modes and saving this to MY3 does not stick. In other words, if it's on, it's on for all modes.

So now I'm looking to set a custom button to toggle this setting, but this too seems to not be an option.

Anyone got a solution to this?

TIA,

;) Michael
thereluctantgardener

Re: set conversion lens to wide using a custom button?

Postby thelps » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:20 am

I've been led to believe that changing to Wide only applies the information to the EXIF that the 21mm lens has been used.
I never noticed before but the IV and back have electrical contact for their wide lens.
Seems the GR had this removed to perhaps save space, cost or complexity.

I am sure I've used my 21mm without changing the setting and the images were fine.
I don't really have any solution for the issue sorry.
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby thereluctantgardener » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Actually that is a solution - thanks very much! Would be nice to have correct EXIF data for searches but it's no show-stopper :)

MO
thereluctantgardener

Postby Spode » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Michael

I know you wrote me asking this question, and I must apologize for the late response. Richard is right. More than anything else, I used MY3 to set other settings for landscape, etc, rather than for "wide" specifically.
Spode

Return to Ricoh GR