The next Ricoh GR

Discussion about Ricoh GR

Re: The next Ricoh GR

Postby ycp13 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:35 am

+ weatherproof
+ monochrome

each of them would make me change to new one. If combination, i`d stock up couple of them to be sure I have one till end of my days.

- internal flash
- film capabilities

I`ve heard GR has them, but I do not know where ;-) so never used.
ycp13

Postby thelps » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:13 am

ycp13 wrote:+ weatherproof
+ monochrome

each of them would make me change to new one. If combination, i`d stock up couple of them to be sure I have one till end of my days.

- internal flash
- film capabilities

I`ve heard GR has them, but I do not know where ;-) so never used.

I also rarely use the flash on my GR 's, any of them.
I do give things a try but have not really ever used flash to "get" an image.

I do wonder what increase in detail and resolution a monochrome only GR in APS-C would be equivalent to?

Perhaps a Mono APS-C is same as a regular colour FF sensor converted back to a mono image?
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby ycp13 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:28 am

Well, as far as I know, the only camera with monochrome sensor is Leica.
And as I like BW from MM more than converted from M9 - just my thought it would work well on apsc with ricoh lenses :-)
From Ricoh side, it would be also a statement - I believe there is big group of their cameras users, presenting their work in BW only. Why not to give them ultimate solution?
ycp13

Postby m.davidtaub » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:32 pm

I'd like to see a GRz...something not much bigger than the current GR if possible but I'm guessing it wouldn't be possible, a 24-60mm zoom, starting at f2 or so, something robust, maybe weather sealed...I keep thinking of canon's g1x...with a swivel lcd...aps-c sensor 16 to 24mp that maintains image quality, if not better of current gr...and fast operation like the gr, maybe a bit better focus in dark situations?...man, that would be a nice take everywhere camera...
m.davidtaub

Postby pappa » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:21 pm

m.davidtaub wrote:I'd like to see a GRz...something not much bigger than the current GR if possible but I'm guessing it wouldn't be possible, a 24-60mm zoom, starting at f2 or so, something robust, maybe weather sealed...I keep thinking of canon's g1x...with a swivel lcd...aps-c sensor 16 to 24mp that maintains image quality, if not better of current gr...and fast operation like the gr, maybe a bit better focus in dark situations?...man, that would be a nice take everywhere camera...

you might consider the ricoh gxr + a16 module

by the way imoh full frame will come at some point but for now i don't think it is needed, i see it like a little plus.
Remember that FF will need more glass and 28mm vs 18.3 so more space.

I agree a water sealed camera could be really nice, the only problem would be ho to protect the lens and a solution could be in attaching the hood only.

I request for the nex GR a new and faster af module maybe a with a phase detection sensor.

I think the GR camera isn't for all (mainly for who want a general camera) but it's perfect for who knows what it is and honestly i don't find many issues in the newest version.
pappa

Postby jsrockit » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:46 pm

According to this rumor, there may be a zoom GR in the works:

http://photorumors.com/2013/12/23/2014- ... -holidays/
Ricoh GR
jsrockit

Postby thelps » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:25 am

jsrockit wrote:According to this rumor, there may be a zoom GR in the works:

http://photorumors.com/2013/12/23/2014- ... -holidays/

Interesting, a RX100 competitor perhaps :?:
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby HawkeyX » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:35 am

Will be interesting to see if it happens. imo if the GR goes the way of zoom, its not so much a niche product anymore, nor a true (in spirit) GR. The compact zoom world is pretty competitive and flooded.
MikeHawkey.Com
HawkeyX

Postby m.davidtaub » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:03 pm

HawkeyX wrote:Will be interesting to see if it happens. imo if the GR goes the way of zoom, its not so much a niche product anymore, nor a true (in spirit) GR. The compact zoom world is pretty competitive and flooded.

i agree with you...and the gr as is is so small, people on the street hardly notice such a small camera...so, a zoom might complicate matters...

but I keep looking at the design and size of nikon's p7800...it's bigger than the 'A' which has an aps-c sensor...quite a bit bigger...possible to get an aps-c sensor in that p7800 body, swivel lcd, evf, and all? I'd take it with a smaller zoom...wonder if ricoh would consider that?...

I've been going back and forth lately...want to buy the GR, it's pretty much all I need for my pocket camera...and with the 21mm adapted lens it adds a bit of possibility...I played with a nikon A for about 5 days back in October...it was a fun camera to use...I think I'd like the GR more...just played with one in the local camera shop...

but can't help this desire for more flexibility with a zoom...different camera, i agree...but man, it could be nice if kept small, well made,...

ok, that's all i got...oh, except for a recent offer here in france for an x-a1 from fuji...after rebate about 469 euros...another ball of wax...pretty small but not like the gr in weight, size, etc...the gr is 633 euros here...not that this price difference matters much...I keep my cameras a long time so over the years the difference is really not a problem...
m.davidtaub

Postby m.davidtaub » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:08 pm

pappa wrote:
you might consider the ricoh gxr + a16 module

by the way imoh full frame will come at some point but for now i don't think it is needed, i see it like a little plus.
Remember that FF will need more glass and 28mm vs 18.3 so more space.

I agree a water sealed camera could be really nice, the only problem would be ho to protect the lens and a solution could be in attaching the hood only.

I request for the nex GR a new and faster af module maybe a with a phase detection sensor.

I think the GR camera isn't for all (mainly for who want a general camera) but it's perfect for who knows what it is and honestly i don't find many issues in the newest version.

i agree with this too...the gr is a great camera as is...my zoom desire would make it something else...but like you said, faster af module on the next gr would be welcome...

and I've read, a few months ago in Reponses Photo, that ricoh might introduce an updated gxr...we'll see...
m.davidtaub

PreviousNext

Return to Ricoh GR