New GR firmware 2.03 available for download

Discussion about Ricoh GR

Re: New GR firmware 2.03 available for download

Postby paulyrichard » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:13 pm

I have followed the procedure for downloading this update on a formatted SD card but nothing happens by way of the file being self-extracting. I don't see any indication of there being the 2.03 update only the existing 1.11

There are two 'directories' DCIM' and 'MISC' I have put it in each one on different occasions but the camera doesn't update...:(

What am I doing wrong? I don't get no error messages at all...
paulyrichard

Postby odklizec » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Ray Rainbird wrote:Sent file to sdcard did not get any error warnings

OK, how do you "sent" the file to SD card? And once again, what does the "Confirm Firmware Version" menu say? What version numbers do you see there?
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/odklizec/
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby odklizec » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:28 pm

paulyrichard wrote:I have followed the procedure for downloading this update on a formatted SD card but nothing happens by way of the file being self-extracting. I don't see any indication of there being the 2.03 update only the existing 1.11
So did you extract the frm file from zip or not? After unpacking the zip file, you should get one rg1_v002.frm file, which must be moved to SD card.
paulyrichard wrote:There are two 'directories' DCIM' and 'MISC' I have put it in each one on different occasions but the camera doesn't update...:(

The firmware file must be in neither of these two dirs! The firmware file must be located in the ROOT directory. You should see this result after moving the extracted frm file to SD card...
GR_frm_to_SD.png
GR_frm_to_SD.png (58.82 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby paulyrichard » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:36 pm

Sorted! Thanks so much, Pavel. This process always catches me out and I always end up putting the file in those two directories instead of alongside them.

Cheers and regards...
paulyrichard

Postby odklizec » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Good to hear that! Ricoh folks should maybe reconsider the updating procedure and make it even easier. This unzipping and "root folder" thing always make it difficult for number of people.
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby Ray Rainbird » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:15 pm

The files that i have downloaded and copied to sd card are as your picture shows but i cannot get camera to update when i confirm firmware version it tells me that my current version is v 1.11 but does not let me update.
Ray Rainbird

Postby paulyrichard » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:32 pm

It might not update if you unwittingly placed the file into one of those directories, no? a shot in the dark, I guess...
paulyrichard

Postby odklizec » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Ray Rainbird wrote:The files that i have downloaded and copied to sd card are as your picture shows but i cannot get camera to update when i confirm firmware version it tells me that my current version is v 1.11 but does not let me update.

OK, your current version is 1.11. So what do you see in "New Version" field? 1.11, 2.03 or something completely different?
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby jsjxyz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:25 am

Done, smoothly
jsjxyz

Postby reeluff » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:31 am

Anyone?

reeluff wrote:What exactly and how does this feature work? I do not seem to be able to figure it out.

thelps wrote:
odklizec wrote:<P Mode Selection>

Added the program diagram in [Max Aperture Prior.].
Newly added [P Mode Selection] (can be set only in P mode and M mode) has two options: [Normal] and [Max Aperture Prior.] (Maximum Aperture Priority).
When [Max Aperture Prior.] is set in P mode, [PA] appears on the shooting screen.

When [Program] is selected in [One Press M Mode] of the [Key Custom Options] menu (p.42), the aperture value and shutter speed are adjusted according to the [P Mode Selection] setting you set.

This I like, very good idea!
reeluff

PreviousNext

Return to Ricoh GR