Ricoh GR + GT1 - useful or not?

Discussion about Ricoh GR

Re: Ricoh GR + GT1 - useful or not?

Postby ultimind » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:26 pm

I'm curious to know about the light loss when using this adapter.
ultimind

Postby odklizec » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:21 pm

There should not be any light loss with the GT-1 because it was designed to maintain the actually used aperture. But if you mean dark corners, it's hard to say without proper test using GH-3. I experienced no or very little vignetting when holding the lens in front of GR lens. But it may be that I held the adapter too close to the GR lens. It may be that there will be some vignetting visible when using GH-3 (due to larger lens-to-lens distance).
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/odklizec/
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby Campbell » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:30 am

Pavel, when do you expect to receive your GH-3? I'm very interested in this idea of yours; if it works, I'll finally get off the fence and order a GR.
Campbell
Site Supporter

Postby odklizec » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:42 pm

Well it depends... ;) Last week, I tried to find a nearby seller with reasonably priced GH-3. Sadly, I realized that it's either not on stock or crazily priced. So I'm probably left with no other option than to order it via ebay from Japan. If I order it today, I should have it within 7-10 days.
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby Campbell » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:30 am

Any update Pavel?
Campbell
Site Supporter

Postby odklizec » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Unfortunately, not yet. After first (failed) attempt to order it from Japan, I ended up ordering it via ebay. But last thing I heard about it was that it left Japan. It was two weeks ago. Let's hope it will arrive next week? ;)

Sent from Tapatalk
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby paulyrichard » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Hey Pavel, why didn't you just order it from the UK. Over here we have 'em in abundance: SRS, Wex, Park Cameras, Bristol Cameras and Clifton Cameras etc. I had to buy my first one from Japan soon after the GR was released on the market, and I got it inside of four days, that was quicker than 2nd class domestic post in the UK. What is more the expedited postage was free! I will definitely buy from this guy again...I think I did mention in my 'Tricked out Ricoh...' thread who I bought it off.
The second one I bought from SRS without any problems of shortage...
paulyrichard

Postby odklizec » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:03 am

Paul, as much as I like Ricoh, I'm somewhat not willing to pay the premium UK price for such small piece of plastic ;) And while domestic (UK) shipping may be free, EU shipping is definitely not free. So in this case, I picked a bit cheaper JP shop with free delivery. On the other hand, I still consider the price of GH-3 shocking (even from the JP shop). What I saw on photos, the GH-3 looks much cheaper than its predecessors. The GH-3 seems have a plain finish instead of rugged GH-2 finish. Plus there are no contacts like in case of GH-1 and GH-2. So the manufacturing process of GH-3 looks to be even easier/cheaper. I'm really curious how the GH-3 looks and feels on the GR.

BTW, I just tracked it via Japanese post and it finally arrived to Prague. So there is a chance it will reach me this week? Or maybe not? ;)
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby paulyrichard » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:54 am

Hey Pavel, the analogy is it's just like buying a house more near to available shopping amenities and public transport, the price goes up, and so it is with the GH-3; it's the convenience of it all.
I hate this and all middle men too...
paulyrichard

Postby odklizec » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi folks,

The GH-3 finally arrived and I took some photos with properly mounted GT-1;) I updated the first post with new photos and comments...
viewtopic.php?p=61995#p61995
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
odklizec
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ricoh GR