FS: Ricoh GX200 and accessories

Post your "For Sale" items here - NO DEALERS PLEASE!
Forum rules
Dealer's posts are strictly prohibited and will be deleted!
Posts may only be made by members who post in the other discussions too.
It's not "car boot sale" so the posts here should be digital camera related!

Postby Mike Smith » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:43 pm

FS: Ricoh GX200. Excellent condition with numerous accessories ie. - lens adapter and hood, zoom lens, 3 piece lens cover, leather case, spare battery, charger, viewfinder, original box and packing. This camera has seen very little use - I have been using my old point and shoot primarily as I am a rank amateur and have never had the time to learn how to properly use this camera. I am located in London, Ontario, Canada. I will accept payment by Paypal from verified account holders. All reasonable offers will be considered. Thanks for looking. I don't monitor the forum so please respond to me at: m.w.smith@sympatico.ca if you're interested. Thanks
Mike Smith

Postby Marana » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Mike Smith wrote:FS: Ricoh GX200. Excellent condition with numerous accessories ie. - lens adapter and hood, zoom lens, 3 piece lens cover, leather case, spare battery, charger, viewfinder, original box and packing. This camera has seen very little use - I have been using my old point and shoot primarily as I am a rank amateur and have never had the time to learn how to properly use this camera. I am located in London, Ontario, Canada. I will accept payment by Paypal from verified account holders. All reasonable offers will be considered. Thanks for looking. I don't monitor the forum so please respond to me at: m.w.smith@sympatico.ca if you're interested. Thanks

Hi fellow forum members! I purchased this camera from Mike Smith, and boy, there are a TON of accessories that come with it! Anyway, I wasn't pleased with the indoor portraits I was getting from this camera, nor the with the outdoor rainy / overcast day shots, which is what I normally get here in the cloudy Pacific Northwest. Not enough color or contrast for my taste. Thinking there was something wrong with it, I sent it to C.R.I.S. camera here in the U.S. to repair it. They said today there is no fault found.

So, I guess what I thought was my fantasy camera doesn't like my area of the country. It must be too dark and cloudy for the camera to perform to it's maximum potential. I think it would be much happier in a sunnier clime, like Australia, or California, or in the southern U.S. It's in excellent condition, and has original box. Just email me in this forum if you are interested in purchasing, thanks. I'm asking the same amount that Mike did, $300 USD.

--Sandy
-Sandy
Marana
Site Supporter

Re: FS: Ricoh GX200 and accessories

Postby bobgoldstein » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:24 pm

Is this camera still available? Would you consider an offer of $250? And could you elaborate on your difficulties with pictures in dim light or on gray days? Was it more wrong exposure, or noise in the image, or image tonality and color? I ask because though I live in sunny California, I travel a lot to Washington and BC.
bobgoldstein

Re: FS: Ricoh GX200 and accessories

Postby Marana » Fri May 25, 2012 10:52 pm

I could have, had I not sent it in for repair. Although they found "nothing wrong," when it came back, there was a grinding noise when it focused, and a flashlight revealed ground glass dust in the lens. Something happened when they "cleaned" it, and I chucked the whole thing away. In retrospect I should have pieced out the accessories, but I was very disappointed and not thinking at the time...
-Sandy
Marana
Site Supporter

Return to For Sale