Abu Dhabi and Dubai

Discussion about Ricoh GR Digital IV

Abu Dhabi and Dubai

Postby clash11 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:35 pm

I happened to pick up a used Ricoh GR IV the day before my trip to Abu Dhabi and Dubai. I also brought with me my 5dII with 35mm and 24mm that pretty much stayed in the hotel for the duration of the trip. Since using the Ricoh I have concluded that I will never bring a DSLR to vacation again. It's just so bulky, heavy and not ideal for street photography. It definitely intimidates the locals when shooting street. Let me know what you think about the pics. I can't wait to see what the Ricoh GR VI has to offer!
Last edited by clash11 on Fri May 15, 2015 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
clash11

Re: Abu Dhabi and Dubai

Postby thelps » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:56 am

HI and welcome,
I enjoyed having a flick through your images. The desert scenes a contrast to the cityscapes.
I can see why you put #1 as the first. Its the kind of minimalist type image I like, the pastel colours work well.
I like you enjoy taking the GR on vacation, its very discreet.
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby Orol » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:44 am

Welcome here Tom. Thank you for allowing us to track your steps through your photos. The scenery there is pretty different from what I am used to see usually.

Peter
Orol

Postby SabrineRoe » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:40 am

Thanks for the opportunity to see all the great photos. As a matter of fact, I was planning a trip to Dubai later this year too. I’ll bear in mind there’s no point in takin anything too bulky with me. I’ve got a question though, not quite related to the cameras, just though to ask something who may know. I don’t want to take my car with me, but I still want to get around the city without any trouble. Are there any good chauffeur services in Dubai or should I better consider rental cars? Thanks!
SabrineRoe

Return to Ricoh GR Digital IV