hot GXR news! A12 28mm APSC pancake, GXR M mount and more!

Discussion about Ricoh GXR system

Re: hot GXR news! A12 28mm APSC pancake, GXR M mount and more!

Postby thelps » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:22 am

odklizec wrote:I think the price of many Chinese adapters is so low that one can easily buy and try another adapter if the first one is not good? And the price including shipping will be still below the price of genuine adapter? But my experience with Chinese adapters is good. I bought several cheap step-up/down rings (and split-screen for E400) and all worked great. Of course, it could be just luck? ;)

I am a careful spender with my photo equiptment money and I don't like to buy things twice. I often find its better to spend a bit more and buy the better quality unit once than buy the lesser item and end up selling it for less and then rebuying the better one anyhow. I just don't like the adapters that are lesser finished. The lens should mount smoothly and have no grittiness, I have experienced this and its an aweful feeling when you feel like the lens mount is grinding. Some adapters that are resonable priced can be well made, you are correct the genuine adapters seem to sell for a premium. I guess there is some good middle ground somewhere.
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Adapters - good enough

Postby Tom Caldwell » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:19 am

My Chinese adapters fit well, no grinding and really seem as well if not better made than the Novoflex one. But less sophisticated of course and a different type construction. Mount fists snugly and clicks into place. Lenses attach smoothly with similar click fit. Pin release it push sideways but has good action.

Well finished and look professional.
Tom Caldwell
Coffs Harbour
Tom Caldwell
Site Supporter

Postby ricohlizer » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:09 pm

i have exacta, leica m ,leica screw, nikon, canon fd, pentax and minolta md, pentax 110 and contax G adapters for my 2 micro 4\3 cameras the ep1 and gf1, all those adapters are quick and dirty chinese made adapters except for the m mount one which is voigtlander japanese made [ and almost 200 dollars US!] the chinese ones are inexpensive and function well
even as they sometimes focus past infinity.... the contax one was a little more money than the others at $105 us

in all this talk of adapter optics its the micro 4\3 that blazed this trail not the nx mount not the sony nex

i will be very happy if the module ends up as leica m with apsc sensor, even a m43 but w apsc works for me and is not as crazy as it sounds
ricohlizer

Postby kosmoskatten » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:36 am

I just got my 28mm today. I got home quite late and haven't had time to enjoy the lens during daylight hours but it feels great. It focuses fast and locks on despite the midnight hour and virtually no light. Impressive.

After upgrading the 50 macro I found the AF got a lot better and the 28mm is definitely on par with that. I think it will prove to have been worth the wait. I was also delighted to find out that the cost of the 28mm was lower than I had expected (and I got a discount since I know the shop dealer from before). I thought it would cost the same as the 50 macro but it is significantly cheaper.

It doesn't do macro (there is no macro option) and close focus is 20cm. This is not a problem for me as I much prefer the 50 macro for "real macro" and 20cm is close enough for a wide angle lens. Distortion seems low, edge sharpness wide seems great and CA seems to be very low.

All in all it looks very promising. Since the cost of the GXR bodies have dropped a lot I might get the 28 a body of its own. :)

/ Henrik
kosmoskatten

Postby ZDP-189 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:13 am

I can't find a second hand GXR body anywhere in Hong Kong. I guess it's because nobody has a second body and they want to bundle the body as a kit to a newcomer. Lens modules are abundant.

That's a bit of a shame, because I'd love to mount the Nokton on a sensor bigger than m4/3 when the new module comes out. I've ruled out the NEX because of its tasteless and maddening menu system, and two grand for a used M8 is a mick take.
Collection: GR1 GR1S GR1V(date) GR10 GR21 R1 R1S R1S(gold) R1E R10 RX60 GRD I-IV GRD Ltd GX100 GX200 GXR A12-M G4-Wide 500ME
ZDP-189
Site Supporter

Postby kanzlr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:03 am

the NEX had a massive software update that remedies a lot of problems with the menu system. maybe you should take a look at the NEX again.
I doubt an M mount module will come at all and Ricoh has never said that it will come.
kanzlr
Site Supporter

Postby odklizec » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:43 am

The problem I personally have with the NEX is its ugliness ;) In the silly attempt to create the smallest mirrorless camera, they made something very ugly and very impractical to use. It may be good introductory camera for masses, but that's all. There is nothing attractive for Ricoh users. The number of external controls is pointless, not to mention there is no option for EVF. On the other hand, people (especially in Japan) use it a lot with various lens mount adapters, including M mount. So there is definitely room for Ricoh and other manufacturers. I can't wait the GXR mount module. Let's hope they will make it clever and easy to use. Focus confirmation assistance is a must have feature!
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/odklizec/
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby radical7 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Pearls before swine, a bit too harsh for my taste, the S series are the same size as the canon G10, so it is capable of something. Better S than nothing :)
radical7

Previous

Return to Ricoh GXR