GXR S10 vs. GRDIII and GXR A12 vs. Panasonic GF1 (ISO test)

Discussion about Ricoh GXR system

Re: GXR S10 vs. GRDIII and GXR A12 vs. Panasonic GF1 (ISO test)

Postby clint12 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:41 pm

this was great thanks for taking the time to post this
clint12

Postby JRS11 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:00 pm

JRS11 wrote:I have been playing with both the A10 module and the GRDlll as trial cameras. I have no definitive yes or no's, sometmes (most times) the GRD image at low iso's looks just cleaner, a statement I made about the S10 a few days ago but now I have more images to go by, the S10 still looks great but being that I do not go over 28mm often if ever I am on the fence with a few days left on my trial. No an easy choice if price is not a concern. The GXR feels great in my hands, the GRDlll does as well but I prefer the feel of the GXR (never thought I would say that) but so far mostly prefer the images of the GRD...so I have to hope for good weather and more things to take pictures of. The A12 is very nice but not for me right now, but if I buy the GXR I may be tembed to buy both modules.

I ended up buying the GXR system, S10 and A12 and a couple month later the GRDlll and have no regrets about any of these purchases. The GRD is perfect when I want a smaller camera, no bag, and just be able to snap shots...the GXR excels at many things, the A12 is it's biggest strength but I fell the macro has hurt the lens with speed of focus. The S10 is a great unit that I use at least if not more than half of the time on the GXR, and I have found I am using the zoom. If the P-10 had a bit larger sensor I would be more tempted but as it is I am fine for now with what I have.
JRS11

Postby barjohn » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:57 am

My S10 module and LC2 lens cap is for sale in the For Sale section. Hopefully one of you can use it. It is like new in the box.
barjohn

Previous

Return to Ricoh GXR