GXR M Module with Adaptor to Nikon F Mount?

Discussion about Ricoh GXR system

GXR M Module with Adaptor to Nikon F Mount?

Postby benji77 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi all

This would be rather late to ask since this system would be termed 'really old' in technology terms, but I am considering an adapter to use my Nikon F Mount lens.
Would anyone have feedback in terms of function and reliability when F mount lens are used?

The idea is to use the Ricoh as a Macro/Bird lens as a lighter option during trips and walk around, paired with a Nikon setup or simply stand alone with a 35mm film camera.

If anyone even has an adapter for sale, kindly PM or email me benaw77@gmail.com, where I would require International shipping though.
The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it :)
Visit me at http://www.benaw.zenfolio.com, all feedback welcomed
benji77

Re: GXR M Module with Adaptor to Nikon F Mount?

Postby AlbertTRAL » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:40 pm

Hi benji77,
the system could be termed "really old" but unfortunately still with no substitute... ;-) :-)

I am using a Novoflex adapter, expensive but mechanically exceptional. Not a single issue with infinite focus. You will not have any issue with function or reliability, just a slight feeling of "front heavy" because of the extended flange focal distance... but there is no way around... :lol:

All my Nikon lenses are "non Gelded" or "non G", this means they keep their aperture ring, but if you have G Nikon lenses, Novoflex has a version of the adapter that carries an aperture ring so you can adjust the aperture manually in Nikon G lenses. As I say, I have no experience with this type in terms of functionality or reliability of the manual aperture ring.

The Novoflex type is the LEM/NIK or the LEM/NIK NT, this last one is the one that has a manual aperture ring.

I love my 50 1.2 AiS in my GXR 8-) ... Hope this helps. Good luck in your search... ;-)
Take care, AlbertTRAL
LFI Gallery
AlbertTRAL

Postby benji77 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Thank your for the sharing AlbertTRAL.

Most of my Nikon lens have an aperture ring, so I guess I am safe!

I too look forward to running my 50/1.2 and the 180/2.8 on the GXR. With the 180 and the 105/2.8 Micro, would using the lens in manual mode be 'quick' enough to work with? Though I guess the focus peaking function would really stand out for the GXR here.
The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it :)
Visit me at http://www.benaw.zenfolio.com, all feedback welcomed
benji77

Postby AlbertTRAL » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:22 am

benji77 wrote:...would using the lens in manual mode be 'quick' enough to work with? Though I guess the focus peaking function would really stand out for the GXR here.

I declare myself unconditional fan of "mode 2". Nobody has implemented such a helpful tool for focusing... including tilt/shift lenses... ;) :)
Take care, AlbertTRAL
LFI Gallery
AlbertTRAL

Return to Ricoh GXR