RDM wrote:Hey Amar. Your IR stuff looks absolutely fantastic. Really, really beautiful.
On another subject, I'm having trouble with a firmware update of the A12 28mm lens. My camera body and m module have always been at 1.51 but the 28mm lens shows up as being at 1.36 when it is attached. I have been online, downloaded 1.51, attached the camera body and lens and followed the instructions to a tee twice now. But still no luck. The lens still shows as 1.36 and none of the features of the later updates appear in the menus. I have emailed Ricoh but not received a reply yet. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I have searched the archives here but found nothing yet that has helped.
Here are the steps for downloading Firmware for GXR body and your lens units. If you encounter any problem, you are more than welcome to contact me again, I will do my best to help:
How to upgrade Firmware on Ricoh GXR body and the lens unit
• Make a folder on desktop, name it Ricoh ver.1.51 download
• Download the firmware (ver. 1.51) from Ricoh website which is: https://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/download/firmware/gxr/
• You will find the software for download right at the bottom of the page, download the 1st one saying zip format download (for Windows 7 or Mac or whatever software your computer is running)
• This will download and will appear as: gxr-151.zip
• Double click on this zip folder, this will open the files, click Control All, Copy
• Format an SD card in the GXR Camera body
• Take this SD card out of the Camera, insert it in your computer, double click on it, this will contain 2 folders as follows: CLIPINFO & DCIM, make sure you leave these on this SD Card
• Now either right click on the free space on this SD card, or drag the opened files from zip folder on to the SD card, when finished transferring, take the SD card out of the computer, insert it in your GXR camera
• Make sure the camera is not powered
• Press Plus & Playback buttons together for 2-3 seconds
• The firmware will be transferred on the Camera screen, press F2 button to confirm Yes, wait a few seconds, the camera screen will show ver.1.51 loaded on camera screen, press menu/ ok button to confirm, power off the Camera
• Repeat these steps on all the units that you have for this GXR body, by attaching these to your GXR body, one by one