Who's still enjoying their GXR?

Discussion about Ricoh GXR system

Re: Who's still enjoying their GXR?

Postby the eye of the deer » Thu May 21, 2015 10:39 pm

Yes, I use it. Day by day. My only digital camera is the GXR with P10, A12 50mm and the A12 m-mount with the Voigtländer 21mm f4 color skopar and some adapted fixed Nikkor lenses. Some times I used with the VF-2, some times not. Always without a flash. I don't miss an DSLR or FF-cam. For me the GXR is the best performing digitalCam ever made. Ok, A12 50mm AF is not fastest and sometimes I wish it would be, but speed is not important for me. High ISO? I don't need it.

If i read "the old Storys" about the pioneers they used there leica incognito, the people thought there are not seriously...for me it is exactly the same case with the GXR. If I shoot in streets or in landscapes, people don't think about me as an photographer. The small size of the GXR is my cloak of invisibility. Shure, the GR is little bit smaller, but i use the color skopar.
The eye of the deer, the truth of the lens, the colors of memories is all i can spend.
the eye of the deer

Postby substitute » Mon May 25, 2015 6:36 pm

Hey gang!

I am still using my GXR. Actually, over the years I had numerous bodies (5dii, various Nex, A7...) and sold them. The only one I never sold is the GXR , I like it that's all. It fits my hands and my needs for now (though I could use a better sensor in low light situations).
My combo is as follow: 2 GXR bodies, A12 28mm, A12 50mm, A16, A12 M module with 3 Zeiss lenses : 21mm f:2.8, 35mm f:2, 50mm f:2. I also have a skink pinhole set and a Leitz MD-M adapter which makes it possible to use Minolta lenses on the GXR (it's fun).

I almost pulled the trigger on an M8, then on an M9 and always thought it over since my GXR does the job for now. I also like the fact that I can troubleshoot that thing without spending hundreds of $ in fixing the rangefinder or sensor cleaning. I never did well with expensive cameras anyway...The GXR allows me to be versatile in a compact set up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lunacalor/
substitute

Postby Rog Tallbloke » Sat May 30, 2015 1:00 pm

Substitute: Great photos on your flickr
I'm about to take delivery of an A12 50mm I bought on the 'bay for a ridiculously low price. All things come to he who waits as they say. I'm still using my A12 28 and A16 units quite frequently. I still love my GXR. :D
Rog Tallbloke

Postby joelypolly » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:08 am

After many many years and many many cameras later I still have my GXR and picking it up is like finding an old well worn glove that still fits so well. Everything about it is just so well thought out and you can't beat one handed operation.

Only thing I wish for is an updated module to 16 or 20 mps and I'll be happy many years into the future.
- MBP | MBA - Canon 30D - 28-300mm L - 17-40mm L
- SMC Takumar 50 1.4 | 28 3.5 | 200 4.0
- Ricoh GXR 24-72mm
- Flickr|Blog
joelypolly

Postby riccadonna » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:09 am

I still do. Use the m-module regularly with a score of old m and ltm lenses. Never let me down, rock solid. Must admit that A12 28 got a life shelf after purchase of GR and A12 50macro which was my favourite despite rather slow AF broke down but I+m serious of getting one for a reasonable price. I do pixel peep no and then upon hearing about new wonders but strangely enough I feel no need for newer, faster, smarter. I come back to senses after checking a A2 print which is good enough for me. Yea, a m-module with 16MP or better an A12 50
more compact and with fast PDAF AF would be a dream.
riccadonna

Postby Blow-in » Sun May 22, 2016 10:44 am

Well I'm still enjoying my GXR. I over came my prejudices about zoom lenses and bought a new old stock A16 module from upgrade monkey which arrived in the UK in only 5 days - all for £120 including express delivery. As Martin Setvak has posted, this module makes the GXR the ideal travel camera. I'd love to post some shots but every time I try to upload a file the site is giving me an error page.

Richard
Blow-in
Site Supporter

Postby thelps » Sun May 29, 2016 4:03 am

Blow-in wrote:Well I'm still enjoying my GXR. I over came my prejudices about zoom lenses and bought a new old stock A16 module from upgrade monkey which arrived in the UK in only 5 days - all for £120 including express delivery. As Martin Setvak has posted, this module makes the GXR the ideal travel camera. I'd love to post some shots but every time I try to upload a file the site is giving me an error page.

Richard

I've had a lot of trouble on initial open of the Portal page.
I managed to upload my self portrait after a while.
Not sure if Pavel is here to help us
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby Wiener » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:52 am

I must admit to not having used my GXR for a while as I have reverted back to 'super light weight' mode (GR) in an attempt to rediscover what it takes to motivate my creative side. Working too many hours does not help, of course! :(
I too have been having terrible troubles with the Ricoh portal, as nine times out of ten the error message has been coming up for me too...
I do hope that this can be remedied as I miss posting, and feedback from the community does improve motivation!
All the best,
Andy
Wiener
Site Supporter

Location: Vienna, or Scotland, or anywhere around about, or in between...

Postby Genster » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:32 pm

Since I have the smaller Nikon Coolpix A I have not used my GXR anymore :(
Best wishes,

Genster
Genster
Site Supporter

Postby Blow-in » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:24 am

Looks like the site problems are solved?

Trying an upload.

Richard

big cloud.jpg
big cloud.jpg (215.22 KiB) Viewed 1058 times

EXIF-Data
Image taken on: Thu May 05, 2016 9:31 am
Focus length: 27.32 mm
Shutter speed: 1/1620 Sec
F-number: F/8
ISO speed rating: 400
Whitebalance: Auto
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode