Postby Tom Caldwell » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:38 am

I would not discount a hoax
Tom Caldwell
Coffs Harbour
Tom Caldwell
Site Supporter

Re: New GR II could be here soon

Postby Blow-in » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:50 am

If they start discounting GRs that could be a sign of a change....and maybe a purchases opportunity for me!

Richard
Blow-in
Site Supporter

Postby Tom Caldwell » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:06 am

Blow-in wrote:If they start discounting GRs that could be a sign of a change....and maybe a purchases opportunity for me!

Richard

If indeed the GRII is a simple makeover of the GR then I reckon (guess) that it will hit the market at only a slight premium over that of the remaining stocks of the GR. As it could not possibly be worth much more. When the GR stocks are completely gone it might come back to about the street price of the GR. Hardly need to further discount the GR if stocks are already low. But some vendors might be stuck with stocks of the older camera and decide to quit them ....

My theory being that the G/GRII as first-model/makeover-re-run will be similar to the GRD/GRDII.

Build enough cameras to be sold over two years and then make a follow-up batch for another two years. Add a little bit of spice to make the new model continue to be attractive, but don't raise the price as it would be suicide.

A second batch could be sold at current prices profitably as the R&D would have been covered by the first batch.

Of course this leaked image could just be a hoax.

Tom
Tom Caldwell
Coffs Harbour
Tom Caldwell
Site Supporter

Postby renem » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:47 pm

I found this one today:

http://www.cnet.com/products/ricoh-gr-ii/

Still doubting...

Kind regards, René
renem

Postby renem » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:16 pm

This one offers more info:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/r ... gr-iiA.HTM

Even more doubting. :?

Kind regards, René
renem

Postby riccadonna » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:28 pm

My God, does nobody reads the news and comment on it. All the sites have heralded new GRII. Some news, I may say. The same old body, not weatherproof which is BAD. The same lens which is GOOD ( I don´t need 35mm, I don´t need f:1 ). The same LCD, which could be better if articulated but then body would be a bit thicker, so that´s o.k. with me but then I would love external EVF like the one for GXR. Only one that ticks my expectetions is GR Remote, which by the way should be from the beginning, or at least some kind of cableless camera trigger. All in all, big nothing. I´ll stick to my old GR, new one definitely not worth the upgrade.
riccadonna

Postby thelps » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:09 am

Hi Stanislaw and everyone,

Well, I won't say I am disappointed.
A minor upgrade for sure. Nonetheless it keeps the GR concept alive.

Me, I was looking hard at Wifi cards for the existing GR. This has it built in.
The wireless flash support is another thing to play with creatively. Hmm, I have some ideas already.
I won't say I am skipping this iteration. I likely will be in on this one too.

Pentax USA page here - http://www.us.ricoh-imaging.com/digital-camera/RICOH_GR_II

Japan GR II special site here - http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/gr_special/
Scroll down, gives you some insight to the remote aspect.
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby thelps » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:58 am

eh-oh, there is a green ring to lust after...

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/ ... index.html

That case look nice though...

Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby riccadonna » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Tim, there´s one thing I don´t get quite right. Ricoh says "The GR II comes equipped with wireless flash functionality. By selecting wireless flash the built-in flash can trigger external PENTAX flashes as a slave". Build-in flash can trigger? How? by firing it as the previous model already can or by built in Wi-Fi communication with external flash?

p.s. By the way I have a little problem somebody might help me with. Every time I go out of Ricoh site I am automatically logged out even if I tick the box "log automatically on next visit". When I log in, when I mark user name box, my user name appears in separate box with a key icon in front of it. When I tick it my password fills automatically in and I´m logged in, strange. Any ideas?
riccadonna

Postby thelps » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:38 pm

riccadonna wrote:
p.s. By the way I have a little problem somebody might help me with. Every time I go out of Ricoh site I am automatically logged out even if I tick the box "log automatically on next visit". When I log in, when I mark user name box, my user name appears in separate box with a key icon in front of it. When I tick it my password fills automatically in and I´m logged in, strange. Any ideas?

I am getting the same effect here.
I have seen this problem reported on other camera forum sites. The fix was for the site owners to update the code or version of the forum software.
I think the way many web browsers interpret PHP code has been updated and the forum site PHP code needs to be changed.

For me Chrome on PC has the same effect. I think Firefox work as it is caching the login details and reissuing it each time you open the browser, so Firefox appears to work ok.
I could be wrong on this but I think its the issue.

What browsers have you tried? Are you on Mac or PC?
Tim

thelps
Site Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to News