New GR II could be here soon

Forum and Digital Photography News

New GR II could be here soon

Postby thelps » Wed May 20, 2015 1:35 pm

Seems there will be a GR II soon. :ugeek: as reported on mirrorless rumors - http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/ricoh-grii-is-coming-soon

Perhaps we'll have to agree to refer to the old camera as the GRD II and the new one the GR II. 8-)
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Re: New GR II could be here soon

Postby ycp13 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:35 pm

I was at Ricoh last week. On question about new GR, i just got big smile and comment: if we know anything, we will let you know....
So, just need to wait.
As i said months ago - if BW only and weathersealed, i'd make for lots of sales, stocking up for future ;-)
ycp13

Postby Chrisnmn » Wed May 20, 2015 11:30 pm

oh yes!!!!!!!! :D
Chrisnmn

Postby Tom Caldwell » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:24 am

Rumour or typographical error?

I guess we shall see in due course ....
Tom Caldwell
Coffs Harbour
Tom Caldwell
Site Supporter

Postby nebus » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:38 am

First leaked image of the GR II by the looks of it > http://photorumors.com/2015/06/04/first ... ii-camera/Image

Looks like the same lens, which is a shame - was hoping for something faster but can imagine it's tough physics to crack to make that happen on a DX sensor on tiny body.

Speculation of course over the hotshoe change - could it be a tilting screen, slide in EVF, change in back layout, or heaven forbid even a change in sensor size? If their trend continues a could well be 24mp, although wouldn't be amazing if they could cram that amazing FF 16mp sensor from the D4s in there? While I severely doubt it one can always dream …..

One thing for sure - not long now till we find out. Unless it's got great weather sealing I'm probably happy staying with my GR.
nebus

Postby riccadonna » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:29 pm

All these unfounded speculations about new GR should come to end. Seems the BIG BROTHER GR is under way -LEICA Q .So, either be satisfied with what you/I have or move up where sky and pocket is limit.
https://www.google.dk/search?q=leica+q& ... 6mEed0E%3D
Last edited by riccadonna on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
riccadonna

Postby Tom Caldwell » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:29 pm

The line across the top of the screen seems to be in front of the hotshoe and therefore rules out an lcd hinge. Could it be something weird and wonderful like a form of pop-up dot sight? (seems too long). I think that a peek at the back of the camera will tell all.
Tom Caldwell
Coffs Harbour
Tom Caldwell
Site Supporter

Postby thelps » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:56 pm

I get the feeling this "leak" is on purpose.
If you can leak a front image I suspect you would have a rear and side image as well.
Seems to be a teaser to me.

Some suggestion of specs here - http://www.cameraegg.org/ricoh-gr-ii-image-leaked/
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby nebus » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:44 pm

thelps wrote:I get the feeling this "leak" is on purpose.
If you can leak a front image I suspect you would have a rear and side image as well.
Seems to be a teaser to me.

Leaks almost always are on purpose ….
nebus

Postby thelps » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:18 am

The more I look at the hump, I think its to accommodate an internal connector cable for a plugin EVF.
IMO an OVF with some basic data in the VF would be more desirable but there is no window for the OVF so it won't have that.

Many would not want a built in EVF or OVF to take space over the LCD so a plugin is a compromise.
EVF is the way mirrorless is going so many feel its the way of the future.
Tim

thelps
Site Supporter

Next

Return to News