GR II Limited Kit

Forum and Digital Photography News

Re: GR II Limited Kit

Postby Nevin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:47 am

Nevin wrote:Sorry but must say that this is rather pathetic ---- unless the case can doubt as some other special functions. What's the point of the case? Ricoh doesn't even bother to reskin the camera as it used to.

I was just making an indirect (but now proved unclear :lol: ) way to say that Ricoh should focus on its tradition of giving us a truly special GR edition instead of putting the standard version in a metal case and calls it limited. :|

If I'm right, getting all the components separately is much cheaper. So it sounds to me that Ricoh is charging extra for the case and the title "Limited" without offering something truly commemorative IMHO.

That said, putting all the components in a case is very presentable and attractive to some Ricoh users. ;)
Nevin

Postby riccadonna » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:06 pm

You`re right Nevin. It`s cheaper to get the components separately. Ricoh should do just the opposite. Buy all the separate items together with camera and you`ll save the money. I`ve been wondering if Ricoh listens to it`s faithful customers at all.
riccadonna

Postby thelps » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:22 pm

riccadonna wrote:You`re right Nevin. It`s cheaper to get the components separately. Ricoh should do just the opposite. Buy all the separate items together with camera and you`ll save the money. I`ve been wondering if Ricoh listens to it`s faithful customers at all.

NOT true Stanislaw/Nevin

"The kit will cost £999.99, somewhat less than the normal retail price of the combined components."
Reference: http://www.dpreview.com/articles/4217082190/ricoh-offers-limited-edition-gr-ii-kit-to-mark-10-years-of-digital-gr-cameras

If you have some components already then of course but if you are new to the system and want all the parts then it could be a good buy.
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby Nevin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:19 am

Tim, I just think that the street retail price is usually lower than the official retail price ;) . You're right, I haven't checked but gather that the price of the components purchased separately is the opposite to what is officially claimed. But of course there is no way to get the coloured rings and the pin. The leather half-case is an unusual item too ;) .

But to me personally, the important point is that the Limited GR II is cosmetically unchanged :( . I've the special GR edition (even the connector and hood is specially treated for its surface texture) and you know that's what we call special (or limited). I don't mind paying a premium for a special edition if that's the case but please make it truly special.

That said, the kit set is very presentable and tempting. I will still get one if I haven't got the special GR edition :) .
Nevin

Previous

Return to News