SilkyPix Developer Studio Pro - having a go!

Discussion forum about SILKYPIX RAW developer
Forum rules
Dedicated Silkypix forum can be found here:
http://www.silkypixforum.com

SilkyPix Developer Studio Pro - having a go!

Postby thelps » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:09 am

I have been having a go at the new SilkyPix Developer Studio Pro in trial mode. I am impressed at its ability to recover highlights - I guess the old versions worked just as well but its worth having a look at their top model. I managed to get back a lot of detail in the clouds of this image. The leaves on the front bush proved a bit too hard for my skills although I am sure the software can do it.

It leads me to ponder, if you have an amazing image is there someone who operates a business that will process RAW files for you for a fee? Could this be a new type of at home job you could do? Not sure it would earn enough.

I wonder why Dr Who left his Tradis here?

R0010577.jpg
R0010577.jpg (424.95 KiB) Viewed 807 times

EXIF-Data
Camera-model:
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Re: SilkyPix Developer Studio Pro - having a go!

Postby odklizec » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:35 am

I'm sure the highlights can be improved even a bit more. Did you try to play with dodge tool? Negative exposure could help too.

As for RAW processing for fee, I actually thought about this kind of service ;) The main problem is how to attract enough number of people? I'm not sure it can be done as a main job. But it could be nice source of extra income?

BTW, Tim if you need help with some pictures, don't hesitate to ask. I will gladly help you for free ;)
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/odklizec/
odklizec
Site Admin

Re: SilkyPix Developer Studio Pro - having a go!

Postby thelps » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:03 am

odklizec wrote:I'm sure the highlights can be improved even a bit more. Did you try to play with dodge tool? Negative exposure could help too.

As for RAW processing for fee, I actually thought about this kind of service ;) The main problem is how to attract enough number of people? I'm not sure it can be done as a main job. But it could be nice source of extra income?

BTW, Tim if you need help with some pictures, don't hesitate to ask. I will gladly help you for free ;)

Thanks so much Pavel, very much appreciated for your offer, even your comments here are a help. I did try the Negative exposure but will have another look at that slider. The "dodge tool" I must investigate next - thanks for the tip on that one!

I did a google search on "RAW processing service" and it seems there are a few firms out there doing this. I think you would need a specification from your client as to what they are looking for in final output but it could be done.
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Return to SILKYPIX