Ricoh Forum is 3 years old!

Ricoh Forum questions, ideas and problems

Ricoh Forum is 3 years old!

Postby odklizec » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:15 am

I remember it like yesterday when I posted the first message here ;) 3 years, 23 thousands of posts and 1600 members later, I'm really happy to see our little community is still alive and progressing! I wish us all many next years with Ricoh Forum and some new great Ricoh cameras we can discuss and play with! ;)

Thank you all who contributed at Ricoh Forum and helped me to create this very nice and friendly corner of the photographic space! Thank you for uploading all your great photos, interesting stories and your willingness to help each other. I really appreciate how friendly this forum is! So far, I was forced to ban only one user for his inappropriate manners, not counting the number of spammers (big thanks to Tim who helped me with getting the spammers out). Thank you also to all donors for their generosity!

This mosaic is created from all (around 7000) images posted at Ricoh Forum (excluding the externally linked photos)...
RicohForumMosaic_sm.jpg
RicohForumMosaic_sm.jpg (804.14 KiB) Viewed 6508 times

If you want to find your posted photo or photos, check this high resolution file...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/odklizec/4 ... otostream/
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/odklizec/
odklizec
Site Admin

Re: Ricoh Forum is 3 years old!

Postby Wiener » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:26 am

Hey, an interesting concept camera! A Ricoh from Ricohs...
Pavel, a big thank you for your tireless enthusiasm which, I am sure it is fair to say, encourages us all to try harder to make 'ordinary' photographs better, and ordinary people into better photographers.
Cheers!
Andy
Wiener
Site Supporter

Location: Vienna, or Scotland, or anywhere around about, or in between...

Postby thelps » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:36 am

Pavel,
A hearty congraulations for running a successful corner of the web. And.. A big Thank You for your work and efforts, So many forums have bickering and trolls and I really pray this forum continues to remain free from all that, this is a pleasant, comfortable place to visit. I confess that I own a Ricoh because of this forum, while being a fan of the GR1 series it was a visit to this place that encouraged me to finally buy a GRD II. I can only suggest to Ricoh in the stongest terms that they support Pavel and the forum as I know this place is doing their brand good.

The mosaic is wonderful, I do suspect that many of the images could be Andy's (Wiener) as he is a prolific image poster but it will be fun looking through to see if I can remember them all.
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby CHICHORNIO » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:11 am

Congratulations!!! Thanks to you guys (particulary you, Pavel) I´m not alone! I´ve learned a lot about photography and technical stuff from you. I´ll always be a Ricoh´s fan.
Guillermo, from Argentina
CHICHORNIO

Postby dgilmour » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:55 am

Wiener wrote:Hey, an interesting concept camera! A Ricoh from Ricohs...

You must concede it even better because it has Canon parts. ;) Congratulations!
dgilmour

Postby silvio » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:10 am

happy anniversary ... and don't trink to much ;) :mrgreen:
Cheers, Silvio
silvio

Postby thelps » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:15 am

Its heaps of fun looking through the matrix of images.
These few I found under the word "Digital" on the GRD logo bottom right.

I found a couple of mine which I've pointed to in red, the pointer in yellow points to a recent image from Marana.
The bottom red pointer image is one of my many coffees :)
Attachments
Ricohmatrix.jpg
The Ricoh Matrix
Ricohmatrix.jpg (44.52 KiB) Viewed 4310 times
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby uKrris » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:06 pm

The mosaic is brilliant. Thanks Pavel, for all the help ;) .
Stay well, Chris.
( R2; GX100; GRD3 )
uKrris
Site Supporter

Postby Eric P. » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:43 pm

Yes, Pavel, thank you heartily for all you do to keep this forum running. Have really learned quite a bit from being on here. Plus, it has helped me get bitten hard by the Ricoh "bug". Own three and keep wishing for a fourth (a GRDIII would be a fine way to even out the stable).
Eric P.
St. Paul, MN
Eric P.

Postby odklizec » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Guys, I'm happy about all your nice words, however, it's not me but you who makes this forum better and nice to return place! Forum without active users is dead forum ;)

I'm glad you like the mosaic! I thought about something special to show you all the forum attachments in one big image and this mosaic went beyond my expectation. The GRD could appear even better if I would allow the image duplication. In this case, it would use only the photos with matching dark/light tones and duplicate them to make the final mosaic as much close to the original photo as possible. But I wanted to show all your photos, so I disabled the duplication ;)

If you want to make your own mosaic, check this nice freeware:
http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/
The GUI is not very straightforward and it's pain to use on the Mac (because of slow opening of dialogs). But the calculation is reasonable fast and the results could be very impressive.
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/odklizec/
odklizec
Site Admin

Next

Return to About This Forum