jpeg settings

Discussion about Ricoh GX100/GX200

jpeg settings

Postby marky » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:33 pm

What jpeg settings do you use to get the best from the sensor, i currently have my setting 1 set to:contrast 0(middle) sharpness 0 colour depth +1,anybody sugest any other settings?
"Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your SLR"......."Dad, i part exchanged it for my GX!"

Re: jpeg settings

Postby odklizec » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:52 pm

It depends on what you are planning to do with output images. If you want to process them manually on a PC/MAC, I would suggest you to set everything to -2 ;) With all set to -2 you will get very low processed images, with relative preserved highlights and with not so pronounced noise. But the output images may look unsharp and lack of colors and contrast. In case you are not planning to process the images manually, you may also try to increase the contrast a bit.

But it all depends on your personal taste and preferences. I would suggest you to shot the same scene with all parameters down, then all parameters in the middle and then with increased contrast and saturation. Then you can easily decide, which image you like best and so the camera settings ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Flickr gallery:
Site Admin

Re: jpeg settings

Postby iamjacksbrain » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:22 am

I'm using the following settings, but I haven't had the camera that long so I may end up changing them.

contrast: -2
sharpness: 0
saturation: 0

Return to Ricoh GX100/GX200