GRDII vs GRD ISO test

Discussion about Ricoh GR Digital II

Re: GRDII vs GRD ISO test

Postby lucridders » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:19 am

Yes, and after reading all posts it comes to me as you have to look for the good settings and you have to look for the corrcet raw software and noise reduction software. Not that normal for me! This is why it is important to put neutral things when comparing RAW and JPEG and against other cams. Right out of the box. Not filling in your personal touch.
lucridders

Postby jorgeAD » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Luccriders,

You ARE barking up the wrong tree my friend.

If you cant or dont want to look for the correct setting/software combination to get the best picture, save yourself $400 and get a Fuji F31. The GRD in not a snapshooters camera, and the way you describe your "worflow" (if it can be called that) is exactly the way a point-and-shooter works...

Even if you are NOT critical about the way you use your equipment, only about buying it, you must know by now there is no "neutral everything" standard in the camera industry. The latest Pentax SLRs are examples of great cameras that produce so so result at factory default settings.

The Pentaxes include (and so does the GRD2 even more than the GRD1) plenty of built-in flexibility to change the default settings and make much better images with just a little extra effort.

We are here to help on e another. Your "I want my pictures the way I want them right out of camera at default settings or this camera is junk" attitude is not helping anyone, not even yourself...

Jorge
jorgeAD

Postby forward » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:18 pm

Sometimes the truth has got to be laid down harsh and stern else little boys just didn't got the message.
The little black devil from Ricoh is one such demon that got to be shouted at and told to do what
you want it to do. There are lots of "idiots" cameras built to fine tune result that are supposed to be
"acceptable" in the sense of default. However it should be the other way round.
The GR and GX series are built by visual sensual engineers not by machine engineers.
Great jordgeAD! You got your guts and well said and welcome to the forum.
Attachments
Street #28.jpg
We learn and then apply
(84.66 KiB) Downloaded 2126 times
forward

Postby lucridders » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:37 pm

Jorg, I never told that you may not do your own settings. However when esting a cam it has to be done in a neutral way. I never told that a cam do not need those settings, even in the opposite, they bring out a new cam and they even forgot to make it possible to do bracketing with a bigger difference than 1/3. Maybe you still live in 1990, but HDR is still available you know. Read carefully all things written by the experts here in this forum, you will discover that they adjust the words and take even curves of 180°. And the cams are indeed build by special people who are just creating a mystery without beeing a mystery. Next wekk the GRDII is arriving in our club. So, we will do tests our way. Stay to find out the correct settings for each picture my friend and stay amusing you by doing an evening of postprocessing before you put a picture online. I can even not put pictures online from my Ricohs as they are not good enough :) .
lucridders

Postby odklizec » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:25 pm

Lucridders, I'm sorry to write this, but I have no other option. Please, stop posting useless comments, misleadings and completely unworthy replies or I will have no other choice than to disable your account. Thank you!
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/odklizec/
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby davidz » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:13 pm

Hello everyone,

its been exciting, maybe the last time I spent this time in forums was around threefour years ago as the d2/Lc1 appeared. have a question to lucciders (hope spelling right), so if u do not admire your gx 100, how about a trade in for a g7?

sincerely yours,

davidz

ps. the g7 i'z a good camera
davidz

Postby odklizec » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:17 pm

Hello Davidz and welcome here! Hope you find this forum useful! ;)
Pavel Kudrys
---
Flickr gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/odklizec/
odklizec
Site Admin

Postby davidz » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:32 pm

yello odklizec, and everyone

thanks for your warm welcome, @ this point I should appolotgise for/to Lucridders, for the incorrect spelling. I hope he understands. anyhow, I originally had the gx, the 5pix version, and it was fun to use. now, back to topic, Pavel, tell me, how about a Jpeg set to bw test@iso 400/800/sixteenhoundred?

cheers,

have to go into the budapest night....
davidz

Postby davidz » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:33 pm

appolotgise means appologise
davidz

Postby lucridders » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:13 am

Hello Davidz, I have a G9 already. But you can still buy it. Make me an offer. Is complete with 3 batteries, EVF, wide agnle, lenshood, extending tube and remote control. I send out on my costs.
lucridders

PreviousNext

Return to Ricoh GR Digital II