GRDII ISO tests

Discussion about Ricoh GR Digital II

Re: GRDII ISO tests

Postby lucridders » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:09 pm

I understand your point of view, but I do not ask for in camear processing. I just ask to do neutral settings as this has to be the standard to start with. When somebody will reduce noise later on = ok, or sharpening less or more. But ask 1000 people hwo they should do a test = they will answer as I am asking I think. So, for me personally you can easely do your testings as you do know, but you have to understand that for free-minded people those tests are not relevant as you was setting certain settings to a taste from a certain group of people.
lucridders

Postby leews2001 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:49 pm

odklizec wrote:I'm sorry, but I have to disagree here lucridders. The reason why I used -2 is exactly what you want to achieve..completely neutral result both in RAW and JPEG.

Yes, i agree that is more appropriate. -2 setting is closer to ZERO sharpening in RAW. i have check both visually and the fourier spectrum. For those who prefer cooked images, one can always post process these not-sharpened images to compare (to your favorite algo.)

ask 1000 image researchers, i think they will do this too.
leews2001

Postby lucridders » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:04 pm

So, this is more than interesting. This shows again that when you shoot in Raw or Jpeg, you need to reset your cam to have the same results. Do we really become crazy or something like that??? Is really silly. I should make the software in such a way that when shooting Raw, I can use use the same settings as when shooting Jpeg. If not, I have to reset my cam all the time. It is not a question that -2 is more to ZERO in Raw = same as JPEG. I agree, you find here really die-hards who can not see reality. When I like to switch from Raw to Jpeg or opposite and I forget my settings = I do not have a good result. Isn't it much more simplier that Ricoh should make the sofware that they do this internally by using the software??? I know that nobody of you will agree, but this says enough than. We live in 2007 as you know = let software handle that when on 0, we have same resuls in JPEG and Raw and not changing settings all the time.
lucridders

Postby leews2001 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:20 pm

lucridders wrote:we have same resuls in JPEG and Raw and not changing settings all the time.

One can do that (already) with preset settings.
leews2001

Postby lucridders » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:51 pm

I think, you will not have enough presets than to do everything you like. You only have two, do not forget!!!
lucridders

Previous

Return to Ricoh GR Digital II