Ricoh GRD II lens stuck [and unstuck]

Discussion about Ricoh GR Digital II

Ricoh GRD II lens stuck [and unstuck]

Postby johnfitzg » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Don't know if anyone here has experienced their lens grinding to a halt on the GRD II?

I did after just a few weeks' use. RG Lewis managed a bit of clever twiddling and air-blowing which loosened it again. They also said that I should keep the camera away from any dust, always keeping it in a case etc.

I was glad to get it fixed so quickly, but worry now that I need to 'baby' my GRD II, which I had previously considered quite a tough little camera...

Any other experiences?
johnfitzg

Re: Ricoh GRD II lens stuck [and unstuck]

Postby funkaoshi » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:08 pm

I don't think the camera is rugged at all. The lens assembly seems particularly prone to breaking. A friends camera broke when it tipped over on a mini-tripod it was resting on: the lens stopped retracting. My camera had to be send off to CRIS Camera for repair because the lens would no longer retract. (A problem it developed all on it's own.) Even now, on occassion, i'll shut the camera off and the lens won't retract. I need to turn the camera on and off again to get it to retract.

That said, it's probably my favourite camera now.
funkaoshi

Re: Ricoh GRD II lens stuck [and unstuck]

Postby po-stit » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi, I'm new here. I mean, I've been reading this forum since i decided to buy my ricoh GRD.

Well, i bought one GRD II used on ebay and after two months the lens got stuck. I was really loving the ricoh and the ability to have it with me all the time. What should i do? Is there any chance of fixing this? I'm on Portugal, anyone knows how to contact Ricoh for this kind of problem?

Thank you and sorry for the sudden post.
po-stit

Return to Ricoh GR Digital II