Stalking with the Agfamatic 108...

Here you can post any your Ricoh or non-Ricoh photos and photographic experiments, without clearly defined category or subject.

Stalking with the Agfamatic 108...

Postby Wiener » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:34 pm

Ran into Bridget and the paparazzi on my last Vienna visit. I really loved the humour of this window display.
All the best,
Andy
Attachments
L1000132SP1s.jpg
L1000132SP1s.jpg (282.56 KiB) Viewed 788 times

EXIF-Data
Image taken on: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:04 pm
Focus length: 28 mm
Shutter speed: 1/20 Sec
F-number: F/3.2
ISO speed rating: 100
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Camera-model: LEICA Q (Typ 116)
Exposure program: Shutter priority
Exposure bias: 0 EV
Metering mode: Pattern
Wiener
Site Supporter

Location: Vienna, or Scotland, or anywhere around about, or in between...

Re: Stalking with the Agfamatic 108...

Postby riccadonna » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Is the guy with camera a reflection of you wiener? :o . It still could be Q in your hands disguised as A .
There`s peeping a bit of Peeping Tom in all of us. ;) . Is Q yours? If so that would make you a Ricoh traitor, you lucky one :x :D .
I`m should be mad at Ricoh, first with their abandonment of GXR concept- please Ricoh it`s not to late, make a m-module with latest Pentax KP sensor! second of course is their lack of courage in challenging Leica. I`m absolutely sure that if Ricoh made a FF version of GR, at 1/3 of it`s price, they would have a winner. I must admit that I`d love to lay the hands on Q. The only thing is that they should use a compact f:2.8 lens ala elmarit 2.8/28 asph to cut that barrel buldge sticking out of a cute body and add a tilting LCD. Then I`ll buy it and put a Ricoh label on it. Cheers and tchuss and cześć. Stanislaw
riccadonna

Postby Blow-in » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:34 pm

That's not Andy - he looks much more sinister than that and wouldn't go near an Agfamatic in any case.

I've no idea what a Leica Q is but I'm sure it must be very expensive.

Richard
Blow-in
Site Supporter

Postby Wiener » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:19 pm

riccadonna wrote:Is the guy with camera a reflection of you wiener? :o . It still could be Q in your hands disguised as A .
There`s peeping a bit of Peeping Tom in all of us. ;) . Is Q yours? If so that would make you a Ricoh traitor, you lucky one :x :D .
I`m should be mad at Ricoh, first with their abandonment of GXR concept- please Ricoh it`s not to late, make a m-module with latest Pentax KP sensor! second of course is their lack of courage in challenging Leica. I`m absolutely sure that if Ricoh made a FF version of GR, at 1/3 of it`s price, they would have a winner. I must admit that I`d love to lay the hands on Q. The only thing is that they should use a compact f:2.8 lens ala elmarit 2.8/28 asph to cut that barrel buldge sticking out of a cute body and add a tilting LCD. Then I`ll buy it and put a Ricoh label on it. Cheers and tchuss and cześć. Stanislaw

Hi Stanislaw,
He might be me in 10 years time but when Bridget was looking this smooth skinned and beautiful I was still pretty smooth myself! ;) And certainly no Agfamatic...I was a Minolta man way back then...still have my SRT101.

Yes, the Q is mine...defector...yes! Guilty... :oops: But I still shoot with my Ricoh gear which is satisfying in very different ways...indeed I appreciate my GRII more than ever as it does an amazing job most of the time, even in very difficult situations. The Q images are unbelievably sharp and mindblowing...though sharp is not everything...not always, just sometimes! The Q beastie is taking a bit of taming...it is my first FF sensor which leads to some interesting but good challenges.
I also agree that the Summilux f1.7 does stick out a wee bit more than ideal, and much more than my GR f2.8 which make it unsuitable for 'pocketing': still scratching my head as to how best to hump it around. Wide open it still looks great. Tilt screen would also be good... ;)
I would be proud if it had a GR logo instead of the red dot, but there you go...
Cheers and tchuss and cześć to you too!
Andy
Last edited by Wiener on Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiener
Site Supporter

Postby Wiener » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:28 pm

Blow-in wrote:That's not Andy - he looks much more sinister than that and wouldn't go near an Agfamatic in any case.

I've no idea what a Leica Q is but I'm sure it must be very expensive.

Richard

Sinister indeed! I have likely been living on the Black Isle too long... :)

Yes, the Q was not inexpensive but apparently is selling at a 'give away' price...or so the Leica hype goes! I am still trying to forget what it cost as I am sure there was much better ways and reasons to empty my wallet! Still, shooting with it is an immense pleasure and hopefully will remain so for the rest of my life! ;)

All the best,
Andy
Wiener
Site Supporter

Postby riccadonna » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:27 pm

andy, dont`feel embarrassed because of Q price. Myself I love to shoot with cheap old russian or japanese lenses and would never buy an Otus or similar but I must admit havig an old Noctilux which I got cheap so long ago that I dont remember the price. I don`t use it much but still don`t want to part with it, yet. Which reminds me of that classic saying- long after you forgot the price you remember the quality.`
A bit of luxury never hurt anyone. By the way do you know that one about the expensive watches?. Asked why the people buy expensive mechanical watches while they can get for a tenth of price or less a quartz one with better accuracy, the seller answered- well if nothing else, checking the time on such extravaganza reminds you that time is precious.
riccadonna

Postby Wiener » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:47 pm

Stanislaw,
I will do my best! Actually I never feel bad if I spend money and hit the spot with the purchase...and agree with your take on quality! Nice saying...
I have a few interesting pieces of glass which I bought over the years for the GXR and, like your Noctilux, have no reason to part with them at the moment. I was messing for a while with photographs for publication but that was not a 'real' job and now that i have returned to a career in the real world, the glass has to sit patiently for me to find the time to use them again: but I will! Amongst them is a Leica 24mm f2.8 which is what opened my eyes originally to the IQ potential of their lenses. I certainly have no Otis (no idea even of the price!) but do have a nice 21mm Biogon which is also quite a joy to (be)hold.
I too would like a FF GXR mount, but, as you say, Pentax/Ricoh have sadly buried the project, likely for eternity (or at least until hell freezes over...!
All the best,
Andy
Wiener
Site Supporter

Return to Open Gallery