Hanoi

Here you can post any your Ricoh or non-Ricoh photos and photographic experiments, without clearly defined category or subject.

Hanoi

Postby Spode » Mon May 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Couple of shots from Hanoi that I visited recently and loved. This time I carried only the iPhone. It even surprised an old sceptic like me.

http://spode.zenfolio.com/blog/2017/5/hanoi
Spode

Re: Hanoi

Postby thelps » Tue May 09, 2017 2:10 am

they are great compositions, this is the most important aspect, that you have not lost or changed that after moving from a compact. The IQ from the iPhone is ok but I am glad that the compact camera sensor can still out shoot the small phone sensor.
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Re: Hanoi

Postby Spode » Fri May 12, 2017 6:47 am

There's no denying, Tim, that the likes of a GR will outresolve a phone ... Morning, evening, night. But my GR has now been shelved. I've grown lazy. Removing sensor dust and pping on a laptop have lost their charm as hobby activities.

Am looking forward to the next avatar of the GR. I hope it includes a pop up EVF. Not because I'm obsessed with an evf on a 28mm camera. It's just that I've grown accustomed to a larger viewing screen. So if Ricoh can't match that, an EVF is the next best thing I think. Also hope that the wifi app is better designed to allow pping on a phone or ipad.

Composition was quite easy. The iphone like the GR has a 27/28 mm FOV.

Glad you liked the pics.
Spode

Return to Open Gallery