Turn your photos into famous paintings ;)

General discussion about photo editing and retouching

Re: Turn your photos into famous paintings ;)

Postby waloszek » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi,
For the sake of completeness, here are all four variations (in default mode) that the (express) app is able to create.
Gerd

Original:
R0060214_600.jpg
R0060214_600.jpg (114.97 KiB) Viewed 1064 times

Aquarell:
R0060214_painting_aqua_600.jpg
R0060214_painting_aqua_600.jpg (54.02 KiB) Viewed 1099 times

Cezanne:
painting_cezanne_600.jpg
painting_cezanne_600.jpg (75.76 KiB) Viewed 1090 times

Benson:
painting_benson_600.jpg
painting_benson_600.jpg (87.71 KiB) Viewed 1102 times

Van Gogh:
painting_vangogh_600.jpg
painting_vangogh_600.jpg (114.53 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
waloszek
Site Supporter

Postby Patrick2349 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:44 am

can't you provide any crack for this software ...lol just kidding :P
Patrick2349

Postby VTSousa » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:34 pm

This is something really very amazing. All the four variations are very nice but I love the Van Gogh effect the most as I am little biased towards Van Gogh's paintings. I am wondering if this software has any other variations than these four. :?: :geek:
VTSousa

Postby Tom Caldwell » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:00 am

Dynamic Auto Painter by Mediachance has been upgraded in recent months and is a very mature program now. It now allows even more control by the user and a considerable number of presets which in turn have an infinite number of variations. Unfortunately for some the big-boppa version is Windows only.

It also allows a dedicated user to make their own painting styles. Frankly this is hard work and although I would really like to create an individual style I have not been able to apply enough energy to the learning process.

What users of "DAP" must realise is that this is not just a wash-over effect but an actual user-controlled painting program that applies brushstrokes and layers in the form of a regular painting methodology.

Unfortunately armchair critics that view results seem to think that the results are somehow "not genuine" - as "the computer did it". But it might also be said that a picture taken on auto-everything camera is not genuine becasue "the camera did it". Or that processing to jpg via a raw file is not geniuine because the image finally produced is "not ex-camera". In truth what pleases the eye will please the eye and a conversion program like DAP is not going to make a badly composed image good even if painterly presentation might overcome noise and hide detail. In my book if a painterly presentation looks good then you now that your composition must have been reasonably correct in the original otherwise you are wasting your time.

Products like DAP are really deep software that gives the user something more artistic to present. Because they are not mere robotic processes the individuality of the artist can shine through.

I can recommend the current version of DAP as a well worth having extra tool in the processing armoury and it is not very expensive for what it can do.

Tom
Tom Caldwell
Coffs Harbour
Tom Caldwell
Site Supporter

Postby yulivoxo » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:42 am

This is very impressive! Where can i see more information about this app? I am an artist and doing paintings from photo, this would really very helpful to turn any photos into masterpiece!
yulivoxo

Postby Orol » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:06 pm

The introductory post of this thread might answer your question.

Peter
Orol

Previous

Return to Photo Editing and Retouching Talk