Ricoh Oldtimer

Open discussion about everything and nothing

Ricoh Oldtimer

Postby costa » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:39 pm

Does anyone knows about a Ricoh Camera Timeline ore online museum? I think my first 35mm reflex camera 35 years ago was a Ricoh but I am not sure. The only thing I remembered was, that it had a switching viewfinder you could switch from frontal to top. Would love to get a picture of my frist...
costa

Re: Ricoh Oldtimer

Postby costa » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:16 pm

... after checking and downloading another bios update for my R6, I saw on the Ricoh website a 35mm section. Great was my pleasure to see, that it also has the timeline of Ricoh cameras I was looking for. I am pleased to announce that I use Ricoh Cameras since 35 years. Well correctly would be: my first the Ricoh flex TLS401 and my (up to this time) last camera, are Ricoh.
In between was a long gap filled with JVC and Sony camcorders and as since digital cameras got affordable for me I had my first Panasonic 1.3 MP with a 120Mb disc (the Sony Mavicas still were sold with the 1.44 Mb floppies) then a Canon A60 for $199 with a $100 mail in rebate made my day until everybody had to have the new Canon S2 IS. Since I still mostly took the A60 with me for simple snapshots I looked long and hard for a small camera what could be with me whenever I leave the house (lost too many good pictures because my other cameras were just to bit to carry around all the time). I finally endet up with the R6 because it is the best for all the features compared with everything else on the market in summer 2007.

So here is a picture from my frist one and the matching website:

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en ... uage_tools
costa

Return to Open Talk