Adjust Aperture/Shutter/ISO with display off? How?

Discussion about Ricoh GR Digital

Adjust Aperture/Shutter/ISO with display off? How?

Postby wayoutwesley » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:29 am

I recently got the Ricoh GR. When you turn the display off and then try to adjust the aperture, the shutter speed, or the ISO nothing happens. I tried this with the GRD III and it worked just fine. I even turned the display back on to see if maybe I had been mistaken and it did change my settings. But no, nothing had changed.

I love that you can shoot indiscreetly with the screen off, no doubt. But what good is that when you're on the street, NOT looking down at your camera, and trying to change your settings on the fly? Maybe I've overlooked something...
I currently have to press the Display button, glance down at the screen, change settings quickly, then look back up as I press Display again 3 more times to turn the screen off again.

I've gone back to using my GR1v lately because I don't have to look at the camera or the dials much like I do on the GR.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
wayoutwesley

Re: Adjust Aperture/Shutter/ISO with display off? How?

Postby blue_quartz » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:17 pm

Setup > Information Display Mode : On
blue_quartz

Postby wayoutwesley » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:34 pm

Wow, so simple. Thank you very much.
wayoutwesley

Postby matthewshore » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:07 pm

just to add to that (because I just found out how to do this), if you set the AEL/AFL button to just AEL, you can press it while pointed at your scene to see the information/settings without the live view.
matthewshore

Return to Ricoh GR Digital