Ricoh GR pre-order from Australian Pentax Distributor

Discussion about Ricoh GR Digital

Ricoh GR pre-order from Australian Pentax Distributor

Postby thelps » Thu May 23, 2013 6:34 am

I've pre-ordered a GR from the Australian Pentax distributor. I inquired on delivery time and have their email reply here in red for which they have given me permission to pass on. Forum members in Australia may find this useful. :)
Just as a heads-up they are offering a limited supply red ring and leather strap with the pre-orders. A cool pre-order extra! 8-)
I may not be the first to receive mine but I can wait! :D

The Ricoh GR is still coming, expected in early June.

The Ricoh GR is available at our webstore and we have a limited pre-order bonus red lens ring and leather strap. So you can place your order here now and receive this special and know that you will be guaranteed as one of the first shipment to arrive.

link to their pre-order site..
https://www.crkennedy.com.au/pentax/ind ... q=node/389

the images here are linked from their site
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Re: Ricoh GR pre-order from Australian Pentax Distributor

Postby thelps » Mon May 27, 2013 1:53 am

From what I can gather, it looks like the first GR shipment for Australia will be about 7th June.
Tim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

| Ricoh GRD I Limited | Ricoh GRD II | Ricoh GRD III | Ricoh GRD IV | Ricoh GR | and some inspiration
thelps
Site Supporter

Postby boliston » Mon May 27, 2013 6:23 pm

That seems a long time to wait, almost two and a half weeks later than the UK! (UK dealers started shipping on 21st May)

Presumably Japan would have had them first, but I'm not sure what order they get shipped to other countries.
boliston

Postby 33dollars » Tue May 28, 2013 9:04 pm

Yep, my order is in.
Australia is a back water & the recharging unit will need to be Australian compliant for full warranty. That is a delay but the laws here.
But as me Mum did say.
" Good things come to those that wait." 'Phil's Mum'
I'm just wondering if one of my soft cases will fit :?:
33dollars
Site Supporter

Postby thelps » Wed May 29, 2013 4:35 am

boliston wrote:That seems a long time to wait, almost two and a half weeks later than the UK! (UK dealers started shipping on 21st May)

Presumably Japan would have had them first, but I'm not sure what order they get shipped to other countries.

In a way I've waited for 5 - 6 years for this camera, I can wait a few more days - its not like I don't have anything else to use. I suspect the Australian market for the GR could be a little more quiet and its more likely we will have easier access to stock whereas if I ordered from UK or USA I'd be "fighting" to get one.
The Australian distributor did say they had one to play with some weeks ago.

Plus I get the "extras" as above.. :D :D :D
Tim

thelps
Site Supporter

Return to Ricoh GR Digital