sometimes few better then many

Here you can post your "Landscape/Architecture" photos

sometimes few better then many

Postby riccadonna » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:50 pm

Previously I uploaded a lot at time Well, after my last trip to Poland I didm`t feel that I was very successful with photos. If I should sum it up I can say that these two cover my effort best. On for the town, one for the country. Stanislaw
GR002662web.jpg
GR002662web.jpg (346.17 KiB) Viewed 738 times

EXIF-Data
Image taken on: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:17 am
Focus length: 18.3 mm
Shutter speed: 1/640 Sec
F-number: F/5.6
ISO speed rating: 560
Whitebalance: Manual
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Camera-model: GR
Exposure program: Not defined
Exposure bias: -10/10 EV
Metering mode: Center-weighted average
R0034639web.jpg
R0034639web.jpg (349.97 KiB) Viewed 743 times

EXIF-Data
Image taken on: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:16 pm
Shutter speed: 1/3500 Sec
F-number: F/1
ISO speed rating: 400
Whitebalance: Manual
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Camera-model: GXR MOUNT A12
Exposure program: Aperture priority
Exposure bias: -10/10 EV
Metering mode: Center-weighted average
riccadonna

Re: sometimes few better then many

Postby quester » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:35 am

Wow, that first one came out fantastic - the angled feet of the boy and the man, the two signs of "big star" by their heads, the cane and the leash of the dog, the three statues observing.
I looked up "zlotnictwo", but no apparent connection... :)

The second one is also good - could be the landing of an alien craft...
quester
Site Supporter

Postby riccadonna » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:38 pm

Thank you quester.
Zlotnictwo means gold workshop, above that lombard means pawn shop. A little story is that I noticed the lame man entering the shop, he was local one, had a very intelligent face and at ease with people. I waited discreetly till he came out and then snapped the picture. I was so focused on him that I don't remember clearly the boy and his dog. It all turned out good and and lucky. Even the mans feet are in just right position. As I said this one photo is all the effort worth. Stanislaw
riccadonna

Postby Wiener » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:31 pm

I really like the first one too, Stanislaw. Much to keep the eye and mind chewing over...
Wiener
Site Supporter

Location: Vienna, or Scotland, or anywhere around about, or in between...

Postby riccadonna » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:50 pm

I agree with you Wiener. That`s why it`s one of few pictures I`d love to print big. Within a single snap it tells a lot. The contrast between the struggling old man going off to God knows where, in the direction of a gate to church yard, boys quiet pensive mood and the glance of dog indicating the presence of the viewer/photographer makes it a very quiet and pensive picture, the one I love. There are too many screeming photos in this maddning world. A side comment to this picture which may be sensed a bit from looking at it is, that this,
once an important historical town, was hit in 1997 by devastating flooding that ravaged an old part and generally been left behind economic boom becaming stagnated place with aging population and few jobs for the young. A bit of a God forgotten place.
The other picture, since I`m carried away by explainantial mood is also a silent one as the billboard implies. There are many fantastic landscapes, vulcanos, waterfalls, crazy seas and clouds. Here I strived for the essence of experience. Like Zen master would say- shhhhh, calm down and the things will come to you. This picture is for me a more an attitude then an actual representation. Peace on Earth Stanislaw
riccadonna

Return to Landscapes/Architecture