February 2014 contest

Ricoh Forum photo contests
Forum rules
You may post only one photo per contest.
Contest photos must be taken with Ricoh camera!
The max size of photo is limited to 1024x768 and the file must contain EXIF!
The deadline for posting contest photos is last day of the month at 12PM forum time.

Photo contests sponsored by..
Mediachance - the DynamicPhotoHDR developer
Ichikawa soft laboratory - Makers of SILKYPIX
Pixelmator - Makers of Pixelmator - Image and Photo editor for Mac OS X
PictureCode - the NoiseNinja developer

Re: February 2014 contest

Postby Habeascorpus » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:10 pm

quester wrote:the only suggestion I have is that only photos taken specifically for the contest (taken during the month) should be allowed - I think that this, too, would also make the challenge more interesting.

I would agree with that, if I didn't wonder how much an additional restriction will go in the direction of increasing the contest participation ?
Stephane
Habeascorpus

Postby proto » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:55 am

Yes, me too I think this contest doesn't need prices. What I am sometimes interested in: Why people are voting for this or that picture.
Thanks Pavel for your work for maintaining this forum alife! 8-)
proto
Site Supporter

Postby rikiki » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Like many others stated before:

A contest without prizes would be fine anyway. The contest is one of my favourite items of this interesting forum.
Restriction to photos shot esp. for the contest would be nice, but as said before, might discourage possible participants.

And, yes, some discussion about the contest photos and votings would be great.

Hold on - rikiki
rikiki

Postby Wiener » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:26 pm

I would like to add my somewhat late thoughts to those already posted. Since joining this rather special (dare I say unique?) friendly forum way back in 2009, I have always thought of the photo-contest as an essential but always fun part of the activities offered. It was therefore disappointing for me to hear of a complaint that the monthly contest prizes were in some way inadequate.
If it helps remove the possibility of a similar occurrence in the future , then I absolutely agree that prizes should be stopped. However, as also previously expressed, should the decision be made to end the completion all together in order to allow Pavel to allocate more of his limited spare time to family etc, then that decision also meets with my approval: how could I say otherwise?

However, it does seem true that the numbers actively using the forum are dwindling and I fear that this apathy will, in any event, lead to the forum eventual winding down. :shock: Am I allowed, with your blessing Pavel, to say 'use it or lose it'?

Best regards to all you forum user regardless of the outcome! This forum has certainly inspired me to try (and occasionally succeed) in taking better pictures and much pleasure has resulted from this inspiration. :D

Andy
Wiener
Site Supporter

Location: Vienna, or Scotland, or anywhere around about, or in between...

Postby Nevin » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:08 am

Hey guys,

I returned and was sad to find that the monthly contest is being put on hold.

As this is a community, how about letting the winner of the month runs the contest of the next month and provided the prize? it doesn't have to be monthly. Bi-monthly is fine. it is for fun as well as keeping the useful exchange going. It is always interesting and educational if you like to see how different photographers interpret the same topic.

What say you, fellow Ricoh users?
Nevin

Previous

Return to Ricoh Forum Contests